Can we take the kids for getting us FPed?

LegalAlien2

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if we can take the kids to the Federal Building when we have to get our FP done? Our kids are Citizens by birth. The thing is my FP is scheduled for 12/24, which is Christmas Eve, and our nanny has already planned for a vacation that day (which I completely understand). I was just wondering if we can take the kids along with us. I am going to the Cincinnati office, if anyone went to that office.

Thanks!

I brought my kids twice they were 1 and almost 3 to the FP in Sacramento DO.
The officer was really nice to them.

Once I got it schedule on November 23 just the day after thanksgiving when the day care closed.

Does anyone know if we can take the kids to the Federal Building when we have to get our FP done? Our kids are Citizens by birth. The thing is my FP is scheduled for 12/24, which is Christmas Eve, and our nanny has already planned for a vacation that day (which I completely understand). I was just wondering if we can take the kids along with us. I am going to the Cincinnati office, if anyone went to that office.

Thanks!

I guess it all depends on the office. In my case in San Jose it is an ASC which is not in the federal building, it is in an office campus. Anyway, I could take my kid there with no issues at all. I would doubt you're going to have any issue. Just make sure the kids behave or you have good control of them :)

I... Just make sure the kids behave or you have good control of them :)

I would rather go with the latter...

I also thought that it would depend from one office to the other. I hope someone from the Cincinnati office could post their experience.

Thanks!

Both Oakland and San Francisco offices in bay area are kid friendly, they are very considerate to kids. I even saw a woman taking her kid to the USC interview.

I do not think taking kids with you will be an issue in any of the immigration offices. I took my kids (both USCs) everytime I had to take my wife to be fingerprinted. We even took them to her AOS interview (her interview was scheduled almost 6 months after I had my card approved). The officers were really nice about them. During the AOS interview kids stayed in the waiting area while she was interviewed. I had to stay with her. Once the interview was over, the officer himself went out and got the kids in. Our kids were 10 and 6 at that time and they are not the type who will sit in one place for long. Having the kids with us in a way helped us at the interview since the officer had no doubt that we were a married couple.
MGM

If I were a hearing officer, I will prefer that you find a baby sitter before you come to my office. Thats only my opinion. By the way, I have two kids of my own.

I took my then 18 month old son to the fingerprinting, it's on a separate office from the main building. I just kept him in the stroller for control issues :p Then when I had my interview I had to bring my then 1.5 month old baby. She's a nursling and won't take formula. The IO asked me to leave the baby with my husband outside, but she had to let me bring the baby in when I told her that my husband can't do anything if the baby becomes hungry. Funny, as soon as I was sworn in and sat down the baby woke up screaming, I had to nurse her while I was being interviewed.

This is kind of off Topic but wasn't there a thread about that USCIS made a mistake for Dec 24th Fingerprinting and the offices wouldn't be open ?