Can we send the response for RFE ourselves?

urgentgc

Registered Users (C)
Can we send the response to INS for RFE without seeking lawyer's help? My friend's lawyer is a jerk and asking for 1000$ to send response for RFE. The RFE is for the current employment letter and 6 months of paystubs. The company has already issued employment letter and he has 6 months of paystubs. Its a simple case without change in employment.
Your inputs would be appreciated....

Thanks
--urgentgc

Same here...

Hi Gurus,

I too want to know whether this is possible. The reason being my attorney too is a jerk and very difficult to get through. I just want to be prepared for any RFE.

In my opinion, if your case is very straightforward, I feel that it's best to respond to an RFE yourself. It will not only save you some $$ but also put you in control.

sure, u can do it by yourself.

I did it by myself.
original RFE notice + simple cover letter + empl letter enclosed in an envelope + other documents

should be OK

doesn't the RFE letter say "include this letter in the original"

if that is ture, and the lawyer has the original RFE, what else can be done?

I did not mean to disappoint anyone, but my copy seemed to include that statement.

any clarifications?

AnotherGCApplic

My lawyer told me to send original one back and he also gave it to me. There is a sticker(EAC # on it) on the notice. maybe it is used to bring your response back to the officer.