Can we change jobs with the new H1-B Bill? Six months after filing of I-485

hasanali

Registered Users (C)
hey guys,
does any one know if we can change job according to new bill. i did not see anything about this?? any comments

No Title

I think you can change jobs according to the new bill. But this takes into effect only after signed by the president.

check with your attorney. I am also waiting to hear about this and will keep you posted.

No Title

guys:

Wait before you take a leap. The bill has to signed by President and then the law has to be enacted. this whole process might take 4-6 months after the president signs.

ISN (www.isn.org) is working closely with the INS and the other Senators, to ensure that the same version of the 2045 bill is enacted without change, which was passed by House and Senate. There is always a possibility that something might get missed out during enactment of the law. So guys wait, keep your fingers crossed and if possible concentrate your efforts towards ISN and its work, so that we all will be victorious together.

ISN Board of Director

No Title

I guess this bill frees up people who have applied for I-485 for atleast 6 months. But what about post green card. Are they still stuck with their curent employers for another 6-12 months?

No Title

Wrong...it becomes law once he signs it. Even if he doesn\'t sign it, it automatically becomes law after 10 days (not counting Sundays)as long as he doesn\'t veto it.

No Title

Suppose you left the Job and the company who sponsered your GC revoke your it.

What happens then?
Is sponsoring company has that power?

Immigration gurus , Pls. shed some lights on these issues

No Title

Even the current law doesn\'t require Green card holder to stay at the job for 6-12 months. You have that impression because most lawyers advise you to do so to avoid potential trouble, be noted, it\'s only trouble, not disaster.