Can we apply for a passport right after the oath ceremony?

You need your signed nat. cert., one other form of id (e.g. drivers license), a check book and 2 photos.

caviar said:
What documents should we bring to apply for a passport? (photo, money)?

Yes, you certainly can. Unless you want to waste money, have your pictures taken. And also, to save time, fill out the online form and get a print out even before the oath ceremony. And thirdly, schedule an appointment with the post office personal before hand.

Good point. Appointments are not usually necessary at larger post offices, however some of the smaller ones require you to make the appt. a week or more in advance!

It is my understanding that some of the bigger DOs have the passport people AT the ceremony so you can apply immediately following your swearing in. Regardless of whether you apply there or at the post-office, you will have to turn in your Certificate of Naturalization along with your application, and it will be sent back to you with your passport.

Caillie said:
It is my understanding that some of the bigger DOs have the passport people AT the ceremony so you can apply immediately following your swearing in. Regardless of whether you apply there or at the post-office, you will have to turn in your Certificate of Naturalization along with your application, and it will be sent back to you with your passport.

hmmm i dont know about tht,but when i was there in the oath ceremony i could see volunteers distributing passport applications.What you are saying may be possible in ny or detroit,like u said big d.o's...
I dont think passport is a issue...