Can USCIS deny you J1 Waiver?

j1waiver_seeker

Registered Users (C)
Its been two months since I got a favorable recommendation from DOS. I got the Favorable Recommendation. Ever since I haven't heard from USCIS, not even a notice of receipt of the Favorable Recommendation.

Is this normal? If I need answers who do I contact (DOS said they no longer have anything to do with me after they gave me the favorable recommendation)?

telephone no.

I lived in OHIO and my approval notice came from VERMONT SERVICE CENTER.
I received the recommendation and the approval notice within the space of a week. Try contacting the VERMONT CENTER AT THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE TELEPHONE: 800 375 5283

I didn't hear a thing after my DOS favorable recommendation until 10 weeks after, when I got the final waiver. Others also have had long waits, so I guess it depends on security checks, etc. You can always call USCIS customer service and tell them you have a missing receipt number, but sooner or later you should get it...

I called Vermont Service Center, but I had no luck. The ladies I spoke to did not want to answer my question. They told me to go to the nearest office. The infopass thing tells me my nearest sub-office is 4 hours away.