can there be a 900 number for VSC?

ana2908

Registered Users (C)
I was searching information related to Passport Appilcation for my newborn. I found that there is a 900 number (paid service) that one can use and reach Nation Passport Information Line. The fee ranges fron $0.55 per minute to $5.50 flat .

Do you think VSC too can design a service on similar lines. This way at least there will be a way to speak to IIO and those extra dollars earned will help improve services at VSC.

Agreed.. When a hitherto free-of-charge thing becomes a paid one, it normally doesn't improve the quality of service.. There are numerous examples proving the fact; the "expedited" H1-B filing is the most notorious one.

Originally posted by 1amShantanuB
BCIS is not in such a poor state to
use its employees to talk 900s

and to get your peanuts worth a few cents

Sometimes even peanuts cost us more when things turn negative.
But, thinking deeply and seriously about fee per call
(1) will earn some amount
I HEARD somewhere that some airlines stopped adding olive in there food and saved some millions... (I dont know how far it is true but you know anything can happen ....)
and
(2) at the same time amount of periodic inquiry calls will be reduced which saves time for immigration workers, which in-trun may help in moving the cases faster.

_nothing personal...

Imagine the feeling being put on hold on a 900 line for an hour and then told sorry we don't have any useful information about you.