Can the IEAD be denied?

ellis4799

Registered Users (C)
:confused:
I would like to if your local office can denied you a IEAD or can they take you in custody because I overstay my I-94? I am married to a USC for almost 3 yrs. The reason for my question is because it has been more then 90 days the I filled my paperwork reciept dat 02/20/2006, I have my biometrics already take in May 2006. The only thing that they do not have from me is my medical but I was told that I could bring that with me for the interview whenever that will be. My local office ( Orlando ) has two dates on there infopass 07/19/2006 or 07/20/2006.
Please I would some kind of advice about this. Kind of worried

Thanks for the help

Ellis,

Did you file for AOS before or after your I-94 expired? If you filed before it expired, you didn't overstay.
Either way, I doubt they will take you into custody. First of all, overstaying is forgiven if you are married to a USC.
It can cause problems when you leave the country before you've got the GC, because they would deny you re-entry for 3-10 years!
So whatever you do, don't leave the country until you've got that GC, ok?

About your iEAD, I assume you had an RFE because you didn't file your medical (I-693) with your application.
If you did not get an RFE, you can get your iEAD without any problems. If yes, then you should count 90 days from the date they received your RFE.
BUT: I would still try and apply for an iEAD. I did that, even though I had an RFE and it actually was too early, but I got my iEAD on the same day, no questions asked.

Good luck to you!
:)

Normally the iEAD is denied to be issue it is because you are not still within the 90 days of waiting or they already approved your EAD and they just said that you must wait for your EAD on the mail.

About your I-693, It is important that you read the instructions all the way or read them over and over again,and you must include your medical (sealed envelope) on your I-485 package. If not, you probably will received a RFE for that. And you then must send it.

Good luck,

Patty579 and Cherr1980 I would like to thank you for your reponse it was helpfull I will set an appt.
For my I-693 today I have a infopass appt. on the 07/19/2006 for the IEAD can I then bring my medical in or do I have to sent it up. I also would like to know the callcenter have taken a refera today again for the RFE does that buy me some time to get the medical to them within 30 days?
Please let me know I do not want to have my case denied then I have to start all over again and I do not have that much money

I don't think they can accept your I-693 at the Infopass. But bring it along, just in case.
Don't worry about it, your case will not be denied because you didn't send it in yet. They will send you a Request for additional Evidence (RFE) asking you to send in your medical, and you can do it then. It will delay your case just a little bit, but other than that it's not a problem at all.

Your ND is in February 2006, which is pretty long ago, so maybe you won't even get anything, and then you just bring your I-693 to your interview.

I don't understand what you were asking about the service number and the 30 days, can you explain please? Did you already get an RFE?

Good luck with your iEAD, keep us posted! :)

I mean if I had to wait with sending it up after 30 days of referal? They give me a second referal today on my I-485. All my applications where updated on 06/22/2006. I had recieve a email on 04/02/2006 requesting of evidence on my I-485 but the post office return my letter back to them as undeliverable on 4/11/2006 I receive a email on 4/13/2006 saying that i had to update my mailing address done that ( I never moved ) and got a referal never heard anything back. In the meantime recieve a FP letter when and did that in 05/13/2006. So I don't know what the hold-up is.

I am a wreck right now I am stressing so much that driving me crazy

Oh, I see. Wow that does sound stressful, poor thing!
By referal do you mean LUD (Last Updated Date) in your online status?

Ok, so you got an RFE (probably for your I-693), but it couldn't be delivered to you.

It's not your fault, don't stress about it. Go to your Infopass appointment on the 19th, get your iEAD and then ask them about the RFE.
My hope for you is, that they will issue you the iEAD for sure, because it's not your fault that you didn't get that letter, and only on that RFE letter it says that you wouldn't be eligible for iEAD.

I'm sure things can be cleared up at your Infopass, so don't worry, it will all be fine.
Let us know how it went!