Can the company withdraw the AOS/140 after 180 days ???

Vashisht S

It has been already 180 days since the date of filing the AOS. Still FP is due. Can the Company withdraw the AOS/I-140 filed by informing INS before the person resign/change the job?
For example: 180 days completed after 485 filing on Oct 1st, 2001.
Company sent a letter to INS on Oct 10th, 2001.
Still the person is on rolls of the Company and asked to resign as a matter of lay off. They are not ready to give letter for Lay Off.

Can the person now resign and continue the status on EAD and change the job after a month or two without affecting the GC process? What are the consequences of Co. informing the INS?

Anybody having absolute info. pls share the same.

No Title

The company that filed 485 while laying off must have issued the pink slip which is enough to cover all the points you mentioned.

What is pink slip?

Could you pls elaborate on what is pink slip? Who are supposed to give this and why? What would be the contents of that?

Thanks,

NO, I think the GC is for a future job in the USA

If the 180 days have passed, there is no need for any kind of slip.

This is because the GC is for a future job. The worst thing that can happen is to get a letter from any employer showing that you WILL be needed to fill up the position on which your I-485 was based.

You have to find similar job after 180 days

You still can get greencard approval according to AC21. But you must find another similar job, otherwise you will be in trouble in case you receive RFE for employment letter. The tricky question: if you receive RFE before you find new/similar job, how do we do?what option we can choose?how and when to reply RFE? Any idea???