Can SomeOne Help Me Please! B2 to F1

snowmike

Registered Users (C)
Hello, everyone!
I have some questions related to B2 to F1 visa,

My girlfriend she got a B2 10years/muti-entries visa and she already been to the US 3 times, but each time she didnt over stayed, right now she wants to study in the us and already applied a college here and got accepted and just waiting for the I-20.
She is going to apply the F1 Student visa in her home country (Hong Kong), and she just left the US (01/12/07)

Here are the questions.
1)If she applies the student visa in Hong Kong, will that affect the B2 visa status? in other words, What If US rejected the student visa F1 application? Can she stills keep the B2 visa if she got reject and come back to the US again?

2)If she gets accepted the F1 visa, can she still keep the B2?

3)Once she got the student visa, how soon can she over here? 30 or 60 days before school starts?

Any HELP would be great! Thank you thank you very much!
Hoping someone could answer my questions.

1)If she applies the student visa in Hong Kong, will that affect the B2 visa status? in other words, What If US rejected the student visa F1 application? Can she stills keep the B2 visa if she got reject and come back to the US again?

-- If her F1 is refused, (most probably), they will cancel her B2 visa as well.

2)If she gets accepted the F1 visa, can she still keep the B2?

-- No.

3)Once she got the student visa, how soon can she over here? 30 or 60 days before school starts?

-- Not sure...

I think if she changes her status from B1/B2 to F1 she can still keep her B1/B2 visa, but she won'thave that status in the US since she is requesting a change. She will keep the B1/B2 until it expires.

How soon can se come back? I belive she can come back to the US as soon as her F1 visa is approved if is not, she will need to try to come back with her B1/B2 visa.