Can someone get approval of 485 without FP

d___k

Registered Users (C)
Case EB3 RIR
Receivedt FP notice for April 1, 2001. Sent letter to INS to postpone FP date as I was out of the country. Waiting for new FP notice.

On April 25th received RFE from INS for job letter etc.

My question is can one get approval of 485 without FP or INS will wait for my FP before approving my case.

No Title

NO.

If you are back into the USA, then you must take your fingerprints before the final date mentioned in your finger printing notice. Remember that INS will treat your application as abandoned and deny your case if you do not take the fingerprints before that date. Since a period of 12 weeks is given, INS is not likely to send you a new FP notice inspite of your letter.

Hope this helps.

vscrd1199

No Title

I received FP notice from Newark and it said if I cannot appear on the mentioned date which was April 4th (I think) then return original notice to schedule for next available wed or fri. My attorney sent them a letter with original notice stating that I will be out of the country on April 4th and requested giving new date for FP.

So far I have not got a FP notice. What am I supposed to do? Request please let me know your source of information of 12 week period for FP.

No Title

You can usually walk in early and get fingerprinting done. Maybe you can still walk in? Perhaps others can comment on that.

No Title

My information is from the FP notice I received from VSC. It seems to me that your FP was issued by Newark Local Office and not VSC which is why it is different from what most receive from VSC. Is your case transferred to Newark Local Office? In that case you may have to call Newark Local Office and follow up the matter as soon as you can. Explain them the circumstances and they would issue another FP notice.
If it is not transferred to local office, then call up VSC, talk to an IIO ( Immigration Information Officer) about the same.

vscrd1199