can somebody please tell me the details on the process after FP done till I485 approval?

ke_ai

Registered Users (C)
Does INS require anything before they grant your I485 approval after you get FP done?

Right now I filed I485 for more than 6 months and I already did FP, if I want to change job now, how do I make sure it\'s
   legally same or similiar job? In whcih case INS will require current employment verification? It is only happen if they give
   me interview or happen all the case?

Please help! I\'m really desparated right now..........

Thanks,

-- Ke Ai

No issues

If all your papers are in order and you dont get a RFE, no documents are asked to be presented at the time of stamping that is when the approval is provided. This is my experience from my recent approval. I have not yet got my passport stamped ( I am awaiting original letter from lawyer ) but the have only asked me to come with 2 photographs and the I 94.

No Title

The proccedure is to wait, then wait, then wait and wait some more :)

Some people get approval within 1 week of FP other people take
months but usually under 6 months. All of this assumes no RFE or
interview.

I\'ve been waiting for two months as of today!

No Title

Once your 485 is approved, you are a legal premanent resident and you
can switch jobs. It is still a good practice to stick to your job for 6 months after 485 approval. Passport stamping only allows you to travel outside and return.
        As for the six month rule, it is very vague and undefined. May be risky.

No Title

Sometimes , even if you donot get interview you might get RFE for employment letter,4 paystubs or W2\'s for the last 3 years or all of the above.

I don\'t understand...

after getting GC, how would INS keep track of when you are switching jobs? And what\'s teh deal with 6 months after getting GC thing?

No Title

It won\'t probably affect your green card. It might affect your citizenship thing. If you switch right after your green card, it is a
good idea to apply after six years, since they ask for your history only for five years.