• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can some one help me understand whether Ugandan dv selectees get their medical check ups in Uganda

4turya

Registered Users (C)
Am a Ugandan and i was randomly selected in dv 2014 to go for further visa application processing. Now my question is how much do i need to pay in Ugandan shillings to go for that medical check up and again are their physicians in Uganda approved by the consular s to conduct immigrant medical check up.

Thanks

Information from the Kampala Us Embassy website beloe. I would suggest you cal them to confirm the costs and details. Don't schedule it quite yet - you should wait until closer to your interview which should be in October or possible November.

Panel Physician Information for Immigrant Visa Applicant Medical Examinations

Effective July 1, 2010, the U.S. Mission to Kampala’s Consular Section will begin utilizing the services of Dr. Abdu Ali, International Organization for Migration (IOM), as Embassy panel physician for purposes of conducting medical examinations for all Immigrant Visa applicants.

IOM is located at:

Plot 40 Mackenzie Vale, Kololo
P.O. Box 11431 Kampala, Uganda
Telephone: 0414-236-622 or 0312-261-179

IOM’s working hours are:

Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am to 2:00pm

Please contact IOM at the above phone number to schedule an appointment and ensure that you take the following with you to your appointment:

Two (2) passport photos of the applicant (size 2” x 2”)
Valid photo identification for all present at the appointment
Previous medical reports (if any)
Immunization records (if any)
On completion of the medical examination, IOM will forward the medical paperwork to the Consular Section for review and further processing.

First of all, congs upon your selection.
Am not sure about the kampala physician. All the dv
Selectees i know from Ug including myself have done
Medicals from Nairobi because it is the visa post for
Dv visas.
But its better to call the kampala embassy and
confirm.

Am a Ugandan and i was randomly selected in dv 2014 to go for further visa application processing. Now my question is how much do i need to pay in Ugandan shillings to go for that medical check up and again are their physicians in Uganda approved by the consular s to conduct immigrant medical check up.

Thanks

Thanks 4Truya,
Long time hope you are well and thanks for raising this question. From the different posts I have read on this forum, as Ash said we (Ugandans) might need to go to Nairobi for the medical. If we can do it in Uganda it would be very great. Please keep me posted once you find out.

Guys, there is a reason that your 2nd NL gives you a link that has country-specific information on it.

Where does your 2nd NL say your visa post is - Nairobi I presume from the above post? (Kampala is not on the list)
If you go to page 4 of the dvselectee site http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html where it talks about medicals and choose Nairobi, you get this document http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/NRB-MED-ENGL-0002-1103.pdf which tells you the only approved physicians are in Nairobi and Mombasa. If you have another embassy on your 2nd NL, choose that one and see what the link says.

I found what the above poster had on the website re the doctor in Kampala, but the Nairobi PDF linked to above says no other medicals accepted. So rather than contact the Kampala embassy I would contact the Nairobi one as they will be the ones granting or denying the visa, to see what they will accept.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124-230055_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124-230055_Chrome.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240124-225214_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124-225214_Chrome.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 2
First of all, congs upon your selection.
Am not sure about the kampala physician. All the dv
Selectees i know from Ug including myself have done
Medicals from Nairobi because it is the visa post for
Dv visas.
But its better to call the kampala embassy and
confirm.
Did they ask you for affidavit of support or not?