• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can reinstatement affect AOS

spiicy

Hi, i heard recently from a friend that one doesn't qualify for AOS if he was reinstated. The reason why i am asking this is that, my husband was reinstated when he came here to school but it was less than 180 days before he was reinstated. He recently won the DV 2007 lottery and decided to adjust his status here in the US but his lawyer said he can't do that because he was once reinstated. He has also applied for an employment based (nursing) AOS and his lawyer told him he can't have two I-485 pending at the same time. Please help me know how true this is.

Anyone can have two AOS pending as long as they were filed on different basics of eligibility.

Please provide more details about reinstated case.USCIS communication and what was filed and on what grounds it was approved etc.

Thanks for your reply. For the reinstatement, he came to school some where in 2001 and was a little late behind classes so they asked take the semester off and because of that, he was aked to be reinstated in which he was approved with in 160 days. He is now a legal student and everything is ok with him over here just that his lawyer is trying to convience him that he can't apply for AOS based on the lottery since he was once reinstated but he can file for employement base AOS(the one the lawyer is in charge of).