Can part time employment be counted to satisfy EB2 exp. requirement?

pururwa

Registered Users (C)
I worked at my univ during my Masters as part time research assistant(20hrs/wk). Can it be counted to satisfy EB2 labor requirement?

pururwa said:
I worked at my univ during my Masters as part time research assistant(20hrs/wk). Can it be counted to satisfy EB2 labor requirement?

It is counted towards work experience. I worked for 16 months as TA and RA while pursuing my MS. Since it is part time, 8 months were only valid.

Thanks Man

kiku1975 said:
It is counted towards work experience. I worked for 16 months as TA and RA while pursuing my MS. Since it is part time, 8 months were only valid.
did you include that exp towards satisfying the exp requirement for I140? Is your I140 approved based on that? pls reply.
Thanks

pururwa said:
did you include that exp towards satisfying the exp requirement for I140? Is your I140 approved based on that? pls reply.
Thanks

I did include the TA/RA experience to satisfy I 140 requirements.
My case is EB 2 because of MS + 1 yr, same thing mentioned in LC.
In India I worked for 8 months and 8 months (of which 4 months were enough) are from RA/TA. I worked for 16 months on RA and TA for 20 hrs/week (part time). Therefore only 8 months were valid out of 16 months becos it was part time. Hope this helps.