Can one use some one else approved LC

mchandak

Registered Users (C)
One of my friends is planning to switch over to another company just because the company has an approved labor Certification.
Can he use someone else approved labor and file for I-140/I-485 ? What are the points he needs to consider when using someone else approved LC.
According to me,
1) The position should be same. So if LC has been approved for Software Analyst, my friend should also show designation of Software Analyst.
2) The skillsets in the LC should match my friends skillsets.
3) Does he needs experience letters to prove the skillsets shown in the LC ? What if his experience letters show some different skillsets ?

Thanks for the help.

See Inline:

1) The position should be same. So if LC has been approved for Software Analyst, my friend should also show designation of Software Analyst. CORRECT
2) The skillsets in the LC should match my friends skillsets. CORRECT
3) Does he needs experience letters to prove the skillsets shown in the LC ? What if his experience letters show some different skillsets ? Get new experience letter(s) matching skill set

Also, add following in list of things to look for while using substitute LC:

a) Your friend qualifications should match with Skills/Education/Experience stated on LC, when it was originally applied. So if LC was applied in 2000 stating BS with 4 years of experience, you have to have same education/experince back then i.e. in 2000.

b) Willing/Ability of employer/company