Can my H1B be transferred - please reply ASAP

mayam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I would like to explain my situation. I have been on L2 EAD for past 4yrs , since my husband is on L1A. When I started with my previous employer , I worked for around 2yrs on L2 EAD and took a break of 1.5 yrs for my maternity from March 2008 onwards. In the meantime my employer had applied for a new H1 B visa on Aprl 2008 through consular processing (Since I was planning to go out of the USA for vacation and be on leave for some time) and mine got selected through the lottery system and my H1 B visa got approved for a period of 2008 Oct to 2011 Sep 2011. (Consular processing H1b which needs to be stamped at an US consulate outside US).
After my maternity break , I switched job and started working again using my L2 EAD for a different employer.

Now my question would be is it possible for me to transfer my brand new H1 B visa ( consular processing H1B applied by my previous employer and not stamped till date) to my current employer. [Since I want to be independant and not reply on the L2 EAD card]

If that sounds feasible, then how much would it come up to for a visa transfer?

Appreciate your early reply..

Thanks,
Maya.

You yourself cannot apply for the H1B. Your new employer would need to do so, but you could begin working on its approval due to being cap counted already.