Can MS during employment count towards EB2?

justin_t

Registered Users (C)
I've completed all my course work and registered for 1 credit of Master thesis when I accepted the job. About 3 months later, I submitted my MS thesis and graduated.

Can I file for EB2 with M.S + x yrs?

How does graduate school assistanship experience counts towards green card application? I worked 33% (13.3 hours/wk) for 2 semesters and worked for free for 1 more semester. The technologies used are highly similar to my progressive experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Part time work done at school, would not be counted as acceptable experience. As for your MS, it does not matter how you did it. As long as your job description requires Masters + xyrs exp, and as long as you can show that. You will be able to qualify for EB2.

Good Luck.

I read from here:
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDwhaeb2.html

Does the person have a Master's Degree or its equivalent in the field or a Bachelor's with at least five years of progressive work experience, which should generally have been obtained prior to joining the petitioning employer?

If this is the case, I do not qualify for both criteria. I may have to make the decision to change job rather than asking the firm to go through this process and ended up categorizing as EB3.