Can minor USC child file for Parents?

Pungiwalla

Registered Users (C)
Let's say minor child is USC and living abroad. Can Non-USC parent of this minor child come to United States with Green card and then apply for USC once the requirements are met.

You may ask, how did minor child become citizen in the first place ?
no of ways, the child was born in USA and went to a foreign country with parents.

Child became USC when one of the parent was naturalized, went abroad, parent later renounced USC, now wants to come to USA with minor USC child.

In other words, is there a way wherein parent of minor child could come to United States and become either USC or green card holder?

I don't need to ask how the minor child became a citizen, the answer to your question is still "No".

Situation changes when that child becomes an adult. I think that son or daughter must be 21 years old in order to be able to petition for his/her parents. Of course at that time that person is an adult capable of taking his/her own decisions and it might be that he/she decides not to petition for his/her parents.

Situation changes when that child becomes an adult. I think that son or daughter must be 21 years old in order to be able to petition for his/her parents.

Assuming an adult USC files a petition for his parent, upon approval the parents will get green card. Is that correct? How long does that process approximately take today ? It may change in future.

Could we stop with the hypotheticals and state the case clearly? Yes, adult US citizens can petition for their parents and those parents if approved would get a Green Card. As far as I know there are no visa limits for this category so they won't have to wait for visa numbers to be available. It would still take some months, perhaps around six. If you were so kind as to stop using vague hypothetical questions and give some more details then one could possibly give a better time estimate.

Assuming an adult USC files a petition for his parent, upon approval the parents will get green card. Is that correct? How long does that process approximately take today ? It may change in future.

It took me 9 months to get my mom her immigrant visa (DS-230), and a further 2 months for the physical GC to actually show up once she arrived in the US.

CP times vary by consulate, so you might expect the end to end process to take somewhere between 9-12 months.

It took me 9 months to get my mom her immigrant visa (DS-230), and a further 2 months for the physical GC to actually show up once she arrived in the US.

CP times vary by consulate, so you might expect the end to end process to take somewhere between 9-12 months.

Thanks, that's the precise answer to my query I was looking for instead of wandering all over the place.