Can I Work For A U.s. Employer Overseas?

pedrop

Registered Users (C)
I am currently interviewing for a job with a U.S. Multinational Company and they are requiring me to be available to relocate to other countries throughout Latin America. I would be working for a U.S. employer but living in another country.

I would like to know if this creates an issue with the Green Card or in getting my U.S. Citizenship in the future.

Thank you for your response.

Who employes you does not matter (except of course it is the US government/army). Your stay outside should be temporary in nature to be able to hold on the the PR status.

pedrop said:
I am currently interviewing for a job with a U.S. Multinational Company and they are requiring me to be available to relocate to other countries throughout Latin America. I would be working for a U.S. employer but living in another country.

I would like to know if this creates an issue with the Green Card or in getting my U.S. Citizenship in the future.

Thank you for your response.
Check details for application of Renetry permit and as well for application
N-470.(your company may qualify this cateogory?).
If meets the requirements for N-470 also ,you can be officially absent from US for a max. of two years(REP) and preserve status as an immigrant in order to pursue naturalization(N-470),same time.