Can I visit Canada on AP?

tal123

Registered Users (C)
I would like to visit Canada for ThanksGiving on AP. Can I get visitor visa on AP? Can I travel on AP/visitor visa? Is it safe to visit Canada on AP? My H1 visa got expired and I am working on EAD.

Please sujjest me.

No problem. I have done it many times. Unless you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country, you will need to get a vistor's visa to enter Canada. There are single-entry visas and multiple-entry visas. The latter cost more. You already have AP - that will allow you back into the U.S. Just take your AP, passport and EAD with you when you go for the Canadian visa. Have a good trip.

Just for clarity. Single entry visa means single port of entry. All the ports for US are considered as same port of entry. If you are coming back from Some other country to Canada then get Multiple entry otherwise single entry visa will do. Single entry visa is valid for six months and you can enter and exit Canada from USA multiple times.

Multiple entry visa is valid for one year. You can enter and exit form Canada from any countries

If they have not changed in last one year then visa charges are $50 for single entry visa and $100 for multiple entry visa

You should not have a problem.

You should have a valid AP for entry into the US.
You should have a valid visitors visa to enter Canada.

By the way - a Single Entry Visa means you can only use it once. When you are entering Canada - they cancel that visa by crossing it out on your passport.

A Multiple Entry visa will allow you to enter Canada multiple times.

It should be a breeze - I have done it several times.