Can I travel Overseas during I-140RFE..Please

amma2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have I-140/I485 pending.Just got a query(RFE) on I-140.My employer has not responded to the query yet.I want to get married before 485 is approved but some people are advicing me not to travel overseas if 140 has RFE.Is this true.I want to go to India and get married.

FYI..
-filed 140/485 concurrently in April 2004
-Finished Fingerprinting last week.

Thanks in advance,
sai

amma2002 said:
Hi,

I have I-140/I485 pending.Just got a query(RFE) on I-140.My employer has not responded to the query yet.I want to get married before 485 is approved but some people are advicing me not to travel overseas if 140 has RFE.Is this true.I want to go to India and get married.

FYI..

Thanks in advance,
sai

As long as you have valid H1 visa to come back, it's Okay to travel. I140 is employer's petition and employer need to respond to query, beneficiary doesn't have to be in the states for this. Try not to rely on AP (advance parole), there could be problems in entering back in to US in case of denial(i140+485).

[based on my knowledge from reading forum, please consult your lawyer]

amma2002 said:
Hi,

FYI..

Thanks in advance,
sai
I recently travelled on AP (March 20-27), Keep you papers AP, H1Bs, I94s, W2, Recent paystub, employer's letter, EAD, Receipt Notices, etc. I am Pakistani (Special Registrant), took great help of Jharkhandi. At JFK, entered on AP without any problem. I took original I40-Approval. No question asked, no papers showed, except AP & Passport. If you have perfect status record, don't worry.