Can I start working once I hear EAD approval.Please help

saira hakeem

Registered Users (C)
I applied for EAD renewal couple of weeks back.Any idea how long its taking to get EAD approved leave alone getting the plastic card.And Once I know EAD is approved can I start working on that basis.My EAD is expiring soon.Please help.How to keep checking for EAD approval.Please help.

No Title

Can somebody please respond to my question.please help.How long is it taking to get EAD approval(not the getting the plastic card)and can i work once I hear EAD is approved

No Title

According to INS you can not work untill you receive the actual card. Also the date on the card may be different from the approval date. I had similar situation for my wife, we had to wait till she received the actual card. If your previous card expired, you are required to be out of payroll by law till you receive the card otherwise you may have problem in GC if they can find out..Discuss with your lawyer for further clarifications..

No Title

Absolutley Correct you have to wait untill you physically receive the PLastic EAD since it carries the actual date and in the mean time you can go on LOA.

No Title

I agree with your lawyer. Defer payment is something you can arrange with your company. But legally company can not show any payment during the period and you can not be in company\'s payroll. They may show later as expenses etc.. It should be without any knowlege by INS. You may check with your company and their lawyer as well as to the best way to do this without incurring too much risk on your side..