can I skip stamping

vip1r

Registered Users (C)
I just got approved today. My wife has a medical reason why she cannot travel to the stamping for a few weeks.

Does my card delivery depend on stamping or can I just wait it out for the card. I am not planning to travel anytime in the near future anyways.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

vip1r said:
I just got approved today. My wife has a medical reason why she cannot travel to the stamping for a few weeks.

Does my card delivery depend on stamping or can I just wait it out for the card. I am not planning to travel anytime in the near future anyways.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Similar situation. Our cases were approved on 7/8/04. Due to some medical reasons did not go for stamping until 8/30/04. The card(s) were obviously not produced and mailed until after stamping with new photographs required as per the approval notice. If you don't plan to travel, it should be okay. That's what I did, waited for almost 2 months after approval. The card will ultimately stated the approval date as the "Resident since date". My assumption is that for status purposes, one is a "Permanent Resident" as soon as the 485 is approved, regardless of the stamping date. Hope it helps.

approval notice says that we should get the passport stamped to initiate the process for the card.

Thanks for the help guys. Planning to go next month.

One more question. My wife had a problem when they reversed the Last and first name switched in the approval letter. This was the case in the first EAD also as well as the recipt notice. We sent a letter to the INS and in the second EAD they fixed it.

However, in the approval notice they have switched it again back to the wrong order. During stamping, should we say anything and have them fix the name or should we say quite and just get the card and then ask for a correction. Just want your opinons.