Can I send I130 and I29F to VSC from abroad ?

ma4336

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I am a USC, soon to get married to my fiancee who lives in India, in May 2007. I will be going there for the wedding and will be staying there for 1-2 months (both personal and business trips).

I will prepare all the paperwork to start her K-3 process before I leave for the wedding and plan to take it with me. The remainder (marriage certificate, her signatures, etc.), I will obtain it after the wedding while I am there.

My question is, can I mail the I-130 application and associated forms to VSC while I am in India or do I have to be physically present here in the U.S to mail them. My reason for mailing them from India is to expedite the process because I won't be back here in states till sometime in July. My relatives who live with me here in U.S can inform me when notices come in mail.

Thanks

- M

My question is, can I mail the I-130 application and associated forms to VSC while I am in India or do I have to be physically present here in the U.S to mail them.

I don't see why you can't mail the documents from outside US..make sure you use a courier service for tracking purpose...

Good luck with your wedding!

Have you looked into bringing your fiancee on K-1?