Can i request my I-485 case to be transferred from the wrong service center to the right one

KrishnaKumar Lingamneni

Registered Users (C)
I work in Arizona and it falls under the jurisdiction of CSC & i got my Labour & I-140 done at the California Service Center & my
lawyer instead of Applying for the I-485 at CSC made a mistake
and applied at the TSC and i came to know about this when i got my
receipts from the TSC. Is it possible to request the TSC to transfer
my case to CSC. Please provide me some direction. Has this happened
to anyone before? Can i take any action under these circumstances.
If the case can be transferred, does my lawyer has to send a letter to TSC to do so. Any information will be appreciated.

Transfer of case from NSC to TSC by INS - "Load Sharing"?

My case was filed by my lawyer at NSC as that is the residence jurisdiction (actually he should have done it with CSC under centralized filing as my Labor/I-140 are from CSC). Anyway INS transferred case to TSC without any processing. I got my receipts/EAD/AP/FP from TSC and am just letting TSC deal with the case when they get to it. My lawyer said it could be because of Load Sharing? Have you guys heard this before? Any advise?

No Title

Yes, i heard about this. But i don\'t understand why your case was sent to TSC of all places. TSC is the slowest of all centers and there are a lot of backlog at TSC. It is hard for me to beleive that cases are sent to TSC under load sharing, the cases should be going out of TSC to either CSC or VSC. But your case could be similar to mine, your lawyer might have made a mistake in filing the case at the wrong center and blame it on the load sharing, well i think it is probably likely.

Lawyer screwed up and filed I-485 at wrong SC

Thanks for your reply. I think you are correct - Maybe my lawyer screwed up and send the case to TSC instead of CSC and now he is trying to coverup. It is a pity that we have to pay for their mistakes. What can we do? Even if we ask transfer of case, the request may get clogged in the mail room. Also, I had another question - If case gets transferred, then does it get the same RD as original or does it get a new receipt date at the other SC?

No Title

yea..samething happened..
my 140 was filed in nebraska..
they transferred to calif..(since I moved from midwest to calif)
then calif decided its not based on addresss, then they
transferred back to nebraska..and finally my 140 got approved
in totally 7mnths or so...
I dont know whose mistake was it...

No Title

Well, INS will definately use the the RD & ND we have. We don\'t get new RD & ND. The new RD & ND will only be given for fresh and new applications. If we were to cancel our current I-485 application and apply afresh at CSC, only then we would get new RD & ND. But if the case is moved to another service center either on our request or due to the INS\'s decision,then we will retain our RD & ND. But what i don\'t know is the procedure to request the transfer of the case to CSC. One lawyer told me that my lawyer could write a letter to INS to forward the case to CSC. I hope some one who is familiar with this issue could provide us some direction. Any the way things are going at TSC, we would be lucky if we get the approval in 1.5 years.

No Title

I think TSC will automatically forward it to CSC...
the problem is if the shelf life of TSC is more than CSC
you have a problem...