Can I renew EAD by my own ? without lawyers help ?

RELAX_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi I had Applied GC through one of lawyer and now I have change company and now I do not wantt o pay lawyer from my own pocket unless it is necessary . I need to renew my EAD. Can I do it by my own ? Does that will create any problem ?

thanks

I did the same

changed job after 180 days and on August 24, 02 sent ead renewal documents. The Avm says the case is approved. You should be fine too.

I Applied my self

and got EAD card on 09/09/2002.
Mailed on 08/21/2002 and took lessthan 3 weeks to arrive the card.

gc98

documents needed for EAD and AP

Hi,

Could you please tell me what are the Documents needed to Renew the EAD and AP?

Thank you,

Jagdish

Look on www.ins.gov

Then go to forms and fees. Select I-765 for EAD and I-131 (fillable and downloadable pdf fileS with instructions).

I am going to renew my EAD on my own . I am currently on H1 and have not used my EAD so far, even though I got it last year in Dec 01.

My question is what does "switching to EAD " means when it comes to notifying INS ? i.e. Do I or my company need to notify INS about me going from H1 to EAD in any way ? otherwise how will INS keep track of my H1 clock ? what exactly do I / my company needs to do ?

Any suggetsions / experience please reply.

Thanks

I am in the same boat, switched employer after 7 months of 485 RD.

applied for EAD renewal by my own, and received the new EAD within 15 days. All u need is to fill and print the form 765 on the INS web site and send to ur INS service center with:

1. $ 120/- fee
2. copy of ur 485 receipt
3. copy of ur EAD card
4. two photoes per the INS requirements

that's all.... all the info is given on the INS web site (go to the forms section)

good luck!