Can I move before the I-140 approval?

vidyaram

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for I-485 based on my employment (EB-2) and my application receipt Date is Oct 27, 2003. My Priority Date is Feb 2002. Since my application is long overdue, I have contacted USCIS through the National customer service and subsequently through an infopass appointment. I was informed that my application is pending based on background check and it was initiated on November 3, 2003. I have been working from Oct 2000 in the current job and have applied for a I-140 NIW for EB2. I'll be using the priority date from my LC. My receipt date for NIW is Jan 9, 2007 and the current processing dates are Aug 2006. I would like to pursue my fellowship starting Jul 2007. Will I jeopardize my greeen card process?
Please help me!
Thanks
Vidyaram

I have applied for I-485 based on my employment (EB-2) and my application receipt Date is Oct 27, 2003. My Priority Date is Feb 2002. Since my application is long overdue, I have contacted USCIS through the National customer service and subsequently through an infopass appointment. I was informed that my application is pending based on background check and it was initiated on November 3, 2003. I have been working from Oct 2000 in the current job and have applied for a I-140 NIW for EB2. I'll be using the priority date from my LC. My receipt date for NIW is Jan 9, 2007 and the current processing dates are Aug 2006. I would like to pursue my fellowship starting Jul 2007. Will I jeopardize my greeen card process?
Please help me!
Thanks
Vidyaram

I think you might want to wait until your green card is being approved otherwise your pending application has 100% chance of being denied. I will recommend you talk to a good Attorny about it.

Last edited by a moderator: