Can I List PO BOX on AR-11???

NY_Waiter

Registered Users (C)
I am filing for change of address, but since i am living in apartment i will be moving in june 2006, and at that time i might have my n-400 pending , it would be pain to deal with delay with my case due to address change while application is pending. Is it OK if i put my po box address on AR-11 so i wont have to change my address when I move?

Thanx.

JoeF said:
AR11 has nothing to do with changing the address for pending applications.
See http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm
In particular, "Applicants and Petitioners with pending cases should telephone customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to report their change of address and get the address on the pending application/petition changed."

JoeF OK thats clear. but can i LiST a po box as mailing address on AR-11? when reporting change of address. OR residencial street address is a MUST?

DHS does not want your mailing address. They want YOUR address. The place where you live. The whole point of the AR-11 is so they can find you when they want. If you move, just send in another AR-11. AR-11 is for DHS tracking purposes only.

Also, as Joe said, AR-11 will not have an effect on any of your cases. Case info changes can be made by calling the 800 number.

You CANNOT put Post Office Box as your address on Form AR-11. INS needs to have an actual and physical address.

It doesn't matter when and how many times you will move, you MUST need to report your change of address each and every time within 10 days of moving, regardless of you having pain in doing that. Laws are not made to follow them only if you feel comfortable.

What kind of logic and reason is this that you want to put P.O.Box just because you don't want to go thru the pain of changing your address each time and you don't want to delay your application as well? You want everything in your plate, right? Don't want to have the pain in doing it over and over, AND don't want to delay your application as well, right? Learn to respect the law first.

Mailing a simple piece of Form to INS each time when you move, is a PAIN to you? When INS doesn't feel to update your address in the computer each you move then why do you think it is a pain to you to report them your address each time?

What is the relevancy between filing the Form AR-11 each time to report your change of address with processing of N-400? They have no relevancy at all. Information on form AR-11 are used just for record keeping purpose, and nothing else. You have any pending application, then you must need to report the INS office where you application is being processing. And, applicants for N-400 can report their change of address over the phone with INS.

jhonny cash, many thanx for replying to my question, i find ur answers always full of explaination. and i appreciate that.

Last edited by a moderator:
NY_Waiter

You say that you really want to be a US citizen, but then I don’t understand why you were not serious last two times when your applications were denied?

The first time you did the right thing when you made a request to INS to withdraw your application even though you were already interviewed. Because an applicant, who files a naturalization application based upon 3 yrs of being married with a US citizen, must need to remain happily married until s/he becomes a US citizen. That means s/he must need to remain happily married until s/he takes an oath, and not until an application is approved. Any separation between the parties, formal or informal, breaks the continuity of the relationship for naturalization purpose.

It could be possible that INS might not know about the separation when they will approve someone’s application, but if they would even find out about the separation then such person’s citizenship would be revoked and s/he would be placed on deportation proceeding. One cannot say how and when INS would know about this. This kind of thing is very easy to be known by INS because INS always asks for a divorce record whenever an alien files for any kind of immigration application or if an alien would file any kind of application for someone else. That application doesn’t need to be a marriage based application; rather it could be for any kind of immigration benefit because INS always asks for a divorce record.

Actually, INS would come to know about this not only thru alien when alien would file an application for immigration benefit for himself/herself or for somebody else; rather INS would know about it when other person (US citizen) would ever file a application with INS for someone else as well.

And since you were separated from your wife after the interview but before the Oath, then you had to withdraw your case as you were not eligible for citizenship based upon 3 yrs rule. However, you did the biggest mistake by not sending your request by certified mail with signature required. Always use this method to send correspondence with INS. This shows how careless you were.

Further, I also wonder why your attorney did no receive a notice for RFE (Request for Evidence) from INS at that time about your naturalization application as adjudication officer did mention to you in your second interview about mailing a RFE to you. Whenever someone has an attorney, INS sends notice of everything to both-attorney and the applicant. Maybe, you did not have an attorney, and when you said in your post about contacting an attorney who advised you to withdraw your application, then it seems that you might have just sought out a consultation only with that attorney at that time. Anyway, it doesn’t matter anymore. Denial or withdrawing a naturalization application is same thing, unless an application is denied because of finding of criminal activity.

As for your second time, then officer should and must not have asked you so many questions about your marriage because you did not file naturalization application based upon 3 yrs during that time. You did biggest mistake by not appealing that decision. You could have been approved. Some officers are prejudice against immigrants and that officer is seemed to be; otherwise your application should not have been denied.

The information you have provided about your immigration journey, I don’t see any problem at all. Previous denials won’t impact your new application, nor officer will ask you any question about your previous marriage. Make sure to take your attorney with you this time. This way officer won’t ask you irrelevant questions and will stick to the legality of the case.

However, there is something I’m wondering about. Why you have waited until now to file a new application even though your last denial was a year ago, especially when you say that you really/really want to be a US citizen? You should have appealed the decision or should have filed another application already by now. Anyway, you will be all right this time, believe me.

Good Luck!

JhonnyCash, 1st of all, its a great pleasure to read ur posts, NO really , i am not saying that because u answered to my post. I read almost every post by you. its a knowledge and most of all u put it so simple and explained that it feels great to read. and I thank you for ur reply once again.

As for your second time, then officer should and must not have asked you so many questions about your marriage because you did not file naturalization application based upon 3 yrs during that time. You did biggest mistake by not appealing that decision. You could have been approved. Some officers are prejudice against immigrants and that officer is seemed to be; otherwise your application should not have been denied.

Yes officer really really made me very uncomfortable, and he kept ON reminding me YOU ARE UNDER OATH, YOU ARE UNDER OATH, and i did answer his questions honestly, but i think he just didnt want to belive me. or something.

The information you have provided about your immigration journey, I don’t see any problem at all. Previous denials won’t impact your new application, nor officer will ask you any question about your previous marriage. Make sure to take your attorney with you this time. This way officer won’t ask you irrelevant questions and will stick to the legality of the case.

yes this time i am going with my attorney, I AM LOSING my sleep over only ONE thing, that since i have 2 applications denied 3rd one getting approved wont be easy , and they might question my marriage, if it was for immigration intent, I mean if u think with their Brains, I have to prove otherwise.

However, there is something I’m wondering about. Why you have waited until now to file a new application even though your last denial was a year ago, especially when you say that you really/really want to be a US citizen? You should have appealed the decision or should have filed another application already by now. Anyway, you will be all right this time, believe me.

I have waited this far because i recently got divorced. My wife gave me hard time filing for it, she didnt wanna file for divorce, nor she wanted to be together, well i respect women and i wont stereotype them so i wont say anything. Thats why i was waiting for my divorce decree. Now its final and all done with. and seems like I am ready to file again.