Can I leave for Home Before FP!

snoop dawg

Registered Users (C)
Due to family issue, can I leave US to attend family in need and still be able to keep 485 keep doing. I did applied for AP ND April 1. Can I talk to INS and get permision to leave before FP.

thanks

s

No Title

snoop,

You can leave US as long as you have a Valid Visa or AP. Since you are waiting for FP, advice you ATTORNEY to re-schedule your FP Date incase your FP Date falls during the period you are away from US.

Talk to your Attorney. He will explain you in detail.

Regards
Suresh

No Title

They won\'t even look at your case before your FP. But if you are planning on coming back on a valid H1 visa its a good idea to keep you 485 reciept handy

No Title

If you have H visa available then no problem. You can come back anytime as long as your H visa is valid. But, if you don\'t have H-1B visa and depend on I-485 then don\'t leave U.S. without your AP. In any case, keep I-485 receipt handy.

No Title

Does anyone have any idea that Case will not be decided without FP, is that true.

thanks in advance.

s

No Title

Your case cannot be decided without FP. Since FP results are vital for INS to find out any criminal record on the applicant. They cannot approve one\'s case before FP and then find out that there is a criminal record on an individual. It would be too late for them, wouldn\'t it be?

No Title

Your case will not be assigned to an officer untill INS receives good FP results. This is for sure. This means your case will not move forward at all.

No Title

According my atternoy, the following combination is fine for 480 applicants:

(I485 receipt + Valid H Visa + AP + valid passport)
    or
(I485 receipt + EAD + AP + valid passport)