Can I get GC in Canada

usanjay

Hi!, I am presently in US on L1B working for a MNC. They have applied for my GC here but the labor Cert here sucks & I dont think I can get my GC before my Visa of 5 yrs expires. I am a Diploma holder with 17 years in IT, can I get a GC in Canada & can I find a job there if I move? Any help is much appreciated.

L1\'s also need Labor

L1 visa holders too need Labor , there are two L1\'s I think , L1A and L1B where L1A is like a senior post (and which by the way has a validity of 7 yrs compared to L1B\'s validity of 5yrs) . The only way of by-passing the Labor process is by NIW (National Interest Wavier) and for this you can be on H1 too , but you\'ll have to prove that you have some exceptional qualities .
    To answer your question , yes , you can get Canadian Landing(GC) too .

Canadian Landing

When you say GC Iam assuming that you are asking about applying for a Canadian Landing . Visit this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigr/index.html . If you feel that you need legal advise then contact a good Canadian immigration attorney . But the application is straight forward , just follow the instructions .