Can I get extension for landing date because of SARS reported Ontario?

divakarap

Registered Users (C)
I received my landing papers and visa in my passport till 30th June 2003. At the same time they communicated that, this visa date can’t be extended under any circumstances. In case if I can’t land before that time, I have to re-apply for PR.

I prepared my self to land before 30th June 2003.

But, Recently I read an article in Economic Times (Dated 13th April 2003) that Canada was reported HIGH SARS Virus effected cases in Toronto and Province of Ontario.

Since this virus was badly affected in Toronto and Province of Ontario, I would like to ask Canadian Immigration authorities to give me an extension by 1 more year. Is they accept my proposal on the above grounds? If so please guide me how to represent this case?

Right now I am in India. I got this approval few months ago when I am in USA. So to where should I write on this issue? I mean to New Delhi office / Buffalo office?

Most probably, they would deny your request. Its not like people are like dying in the streets. You will be perfectly fine. Good luck.:)

landing validity??

How long is the landing papers valid till once they are stamped on the passpot?? Pls throw some light.

Thanks

there is a visa expiry date on the visa that they stamp in your passport. so that will be your deadline. it is also the date which is one year from your medicals test date. hope this info helps.

first of all, even if they grant you time, ONE YEAR? your pushing it too far :)

besides, SARS is related just to toronto, you have the rest of the country to land in. Unless you show some job or housing etc specifically in TO, you can land in anywhere else in ontario, or BC, or even Quebec which has not a single reported SARS case.