Can i file asylum on religious base

Riyarose

Can i file asylum if i had already completed my two years. I am from India and on F1 status. Thanks to all if you can reply me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asylum can be file OVER 1 year period after your arrival in US. There are exceptions to the 1 year filing period; changed and extraordinary circumstances like serious medical condition, maintaining lawful status, changed condition in COP and etc. You must submit your application within a reasonable time given those circumstances.

If you continue to maintain F-1 status since your arrival in US, you can apply for asylum. But, be prepared to answer question like why didn't u apply within 1 year period.

I heard its tough for India asylum applicants but anything is possible.

cmaulana2000

Can i file asylum if i had already completed my two years. I am from India and on F1 status. Thanks to all if you can reply me.

It is good to apply for asylum sooner, but so long as you can prove that you will not be safe in your homeland then go a head, it is good to have and an attoney,

Hi my friends,

I changed my religion from Islam to Christianity.
so what should I type in Religion box of the application form?

Hi,
I entered USA as a tourist about 11 months and 15 days ago. My visa expired in 6 months.
My story changed, I had to apply for I-589 ( Affirmative Asylum), now I am waiting for the receipt of my filing and also my withholding of removal.
In the meanwhile the homeland security tried to contact me in my former address ( in San Jose), they asked the neighbor, that I give them a call. ( they gave their phone number).now I live in LA.
What should I do?
calling them and explaining to them?
or just wait for my withholding of removal letter and then call them?
or never call them?

Thank you for your kind attention

Best

Nima