Can I eligible for EB2?

msukid

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

I did my graduation in India with BE in Computer Science. After finishing I had experience of 2 yeras with compnay Wipro. I moved to Canada and did my Masters with CS. After that I am working with IBM since last 2 years. I know the experience with IBM wont count if IBM wants start my GC process. IBM may apply GC for IT Project Manager position.

1) Can I eligible for EB2 based on Bachelor degree from India and 2 years of exp?

2) Can I eligible for EB2 based on Master degree ?

3) Can I eligible for EB2 based Bachelor + 2years of exp + Masters?

I really appreciate your input.

msukid

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked the same question a while ago.
It is only your job requirement matters.
Say, you are an IT PhD but your job only wants a BA with 3 yrs experience, then you are out of luck.

1) Can I eligible for EB2 based on Bachelor degree from India and 2 years of exp?
NO BS+2 job requirement is EB3
2) Can I eligible for EB2 based on Master degree ?
YES ONLY IF your job requirement specifically says "MASTERS REQUIRED"
3) Can I eligible for EB2 based Bachelor + 2years of exp + Masters?
IF job requirement is "masters required" then YES. IF job requirement is BS+5 then masters is considered 2 years work ex so you would be BS+4 total so that would probably not qualify as EB2(which usually needs BS+5).

Again the key is:
1. The company's job advertisement/requirements must qualify for EB2.
2. Your skills should match the job requirements posted.

Additonal questions

I am also the victim of EB3 situation and trying to consider my options. I also have some questions for the gurus in this forum.

1. Is it mandatory to have Master degree to qualify for EB2 ? I have 10 years of experience(thanks to 5 years wait for LC approval).

2. Can an employer file and get my LC and I-140 approved before I join that employer(I heard GC is for future employees) ?

3. Let us assume that I have to join new employer. What would happen if my I-140 is revoked by current employer before I get my LC and I-140 approved by new employer ?Will my H1 expire right away or I will just loose my PD ?

atyagi73 said:
I am also the victim of EB3 situation and trying to consider my options. I also have some questions for the gurus in this forum.
What do you mean by "victim"?

1. Is it mandatory to have Master degree to qualify for EB2 ? I have 10 years of experience(thanks to 5 years wait for LC approval).
Depends on the job requirement. If the job requrent is MS only then you must have MS. If job requirement is BS+5year then you may be fine if you have BS degree.

2. Can an employer file and get my LC and I-140 approved before I join that employer(I heard GC is for future employees) ?

Yes.

3. Let us assume that I have to join new employer. What would happen if my I-140 is revoked by current employer before I get my LC and I-140 approved by new employer?
You will lose PD.
Will my H1 expire right away or I will just loose my PD?
I don't think it should affect your H1B Status. Are you done with 6 years on H1B?

Last edited by a moderator: