Can i edit my DS-156 ?

praveenk1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am applying for F1 visa in the Chennai consulate. I took July 5th as my interview date after filling up DS-156, 157 & 158 in the vfs website. However, I wrote my birth place incorrectly in DS-156.

Does anybody know whether i can change my DS-156 form without changing my interview date now ? Or do i have to cancel my appointment and take it again ? ( current dates are in September...)

Thanks,
Praveen.

Birth place is an uneditable field. Same thing had happened with me and I had to cancel the appointment. There is no other way. U will have to take a fresh appointment

Edit Ds156

I am unable to edit ds 156. i have entered wrong date of issue for my mom's passport. I am trying to modify this. It always gives me the message "error" after entering

passpoort number
hdfc receipt number
dob
mother's name

all these are entered properly as it was entered when the appointment is scheduled.

You can edit the 156 and other form details till 2 days before the h1 interview.

After that if u still have to edit the form you can still fill the form ( i guess that is thru different screen), in this case in the consulate they might manually enter the form details. This info is given by my friend.

I saw some threads where they have mentioned cancelling appointment for typo mistakes. I think that may not be necessary. Please check with someone before doing that.

I am not a expert in this matter, but i have some experience, so I am sharing some. I received 221g for my h1 this year. Have given docs thru dropbox, waiting for consulate reply.

I have read in some forum that at the time of your interview you can inform VFS or VO and make neccessary corrections in their presence.