Can I do Stamping in Canada?

atmani

Registered Users (C)
I am a H1B visa holder. My visa in the passport is expired in 01,Nov 2001(more than 1 year after expiry) with company A. Company A extended this visa upto 01,Nov 2004(didn't do stamping). Meantime I joined in company B, which transferred my H1B from 06/12/2002 to 03/30/2005(didn't do stamping). I want to do stamping in my passport as I'm planning to travel to India in Aug 3rd week. I don't get the US consulate(chennai) appointment before 22,Sep 2004. I cann't use drop-box procedure, becuase my visa is expired more than 1 year.
In this situation, can I do visa stamping in Canada. Or should I go to India for stamping. Which of the US consulates in Canada will be close to Detroit, MI?. Please share your experience and knowledge. Thanks in advance.

You can get the visa stamped in Canada. US Consulate in Toronto, ON is the closest to Detroit, MI. Please keep in mind though that if your visa stamping gets rejected in Canada, then you can not come back to USA from Canada. As a matter of fact I have posted a question asking about the risk involved in getting visa stamped in Canada / India.
Thank you.

Docs needed & fees to stamp in Canada.

Thanks for ontub's response.
Can I know the documents needed for stamping in Cananda?. Do they need visa & other fees in canadian $$ ??. Can anybody post a website/link for getting all these details?. Normally in Toronto US consulate how about the waiting list for appointment?. If I try this week, when probably I will get the appointment-roughly any idea? Thanks in advance.