can I do EAD without a lawyer?

robi

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My EAD expires in June, I'd like to renew it by myself.
Can you please advice is it safe and difficult to do it without
a lawyer. He wants 300$. For filling one form it looks too much for me.

Do it on your own and save the money. I did it and many others here on this board did it. If you have any questions use the search function on this board. You will find that most answers are covered.

I don't see any problem in applying on our own, it is very simple. I did it on my own.

I did EAD and AP renewal my self. Process is straight forward. Make sure you submit all the documents with relavant fees and ofcourse you should provide all the info in the form.

Thanks guys,
One more question, on this form there is field like
current emigration status, what do I put? I-485 pending
for example would be good? And last pont Eligibility Categories-
I guess I don't file them?
thanks

I did EAD renewal and AP myself because the lawyer asked for too much money. Your status is I-485 pending and also the same category in the current EAD card. They were very simple.

sylee

Isn't it possible that the current immigration status is not necessarily I485 pending?

For ex: I applied for my EAD but never used it and now its time for renewal i.e. I am still on my H1 B so my current status is H1 B. For those already using the EAD, it makes sense to say "I485 pending"

Hi sylee and Smala

I got stopped in one point on AP form,
could you please advice what did you put in part 7
of AP form? Here what I read there: "on separate sheet of paper explain how you qualify for AP and what circumstances warrant issuance of AP. include copies of documentsyou wish considered"

I have no idea what they mean :(

thanks

simple

Just write in plain English a couple
of sentences. Something like " I am
staying for a long time in USA and I miss my
old parents very much. I would like to visit them..." :)

pending 245 applicant

Somebody yald me that his lawyer put in field named status on form "pending 245 applicant ", you think if I put "pending I-485 applicant" it will be also good?
thanks

to pending applicant

If you are not "pending" why do you need AP ?
I personally wrote "Ajustment to permanent residency" which worked fine for me and my wife. Note, that I also have a valid O-1 visa (similar to H1B) which is NOT stamped in my passport. (Otherwise, I would need to go to my country, apply for a new visa, wait for some time and get it and then I don't need AP. Getting AP is much easier !)

it's really last question...
should I sent this in regular envelope or big one? meaning that I have to fold all documents. I'm not sure how lawyers do this,
thanks

I normally sent everything use EMS or priority mail, those standard envelop works great for me.

Standard you mean regular like from phone bill or something?
When I tried to fold everything in small one it looked very fat
it would be easer probably put it all in 9''x12'' envelope.
thanks

How do I close the envelope??

Should I lick it, gum it or tape it?
Is it ok to put a little perfume on it.

One last question, Can I use my common sense? Or does it wear off if I use it?:mad:

:) :rolleyes: :D :D :D