can I do 2 jobs after getting GC

To be or To be not

What kind of question is that?

It is like asking - can I drink coca cola, now that I have GC. I only drank pepsi before.

Also - do you have to inform any one?

Sure - your wife - if she is still with you after reading this question.

You can do whatever any other american can legally do except voting, and taking some jobs that require citizenship.

dr_gc said:
What kind of question is that?

It is like asking - can I drink coca cola, now that I have GC. I only drank pepsi before.

Also - do you have to inform any one?

Sure - your wife - if she is still with you after reading this question.

You can do whatever any other american can legally do except voting, and taking some jobs that require citizenship.

Great Answer buddy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek:

msd_gc said:
Great Answer buddy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek:

:) Good one
Heres another question:

If I140 and EAD is approved and more than 180 days have passed since filing of I485, and if two companies are offering jobs, can we legally work for both of them?

In short, can you work for two companies using EAD?

kishorch said:
:) Good one
Heres another question:

If I140 and EAD is approved and more than 180 days have passed since filing of I485, and if two companies are offering jobs, can we legally work for both of them?

In short, can you work for two companies using EAD?

No you cannot work on 2 jobs on EAD.

Till your 485 is approved you are bound by the position that your GC was applied for (either at the original employer or AC21 employer). You cannot leave the job nor can you work at multiple jobs.

msd_gc said:
No you cannot work on 2 jobs on EAD.

Till your 485 is approved you are bound by the position that your GC was applied for (either at the original employer or AC21 employer). You cannot leave the job nor can you work at multiple jobs.

so whats the usage of having EAD, employment authorization document???

why are people wasting 195 bucks to get the EAD if you are not allowed to work for 2 different employer at the same time???

What is the usage of getting benifit out from AC21, american competitiveness?? I thought GC is for future employment, I think my lawyer is wrong or I read it wrong.

Great answer dr_gc

:D

BTW, Whats the answer on using EAD for multiple employers - I see 2 different answers YES and NO. Can the guru's on the forum please confirm which one is correct? :confused: ??

Yes - you can work with as many employers as you want.

EAD provides you unrestricted permission to work provided you maintain your relationship with your primary sponsor or use AC21 with one of the employer. This issue has been discussed many times. The person who said "No" is incorrect, and perhaps unfamiliar with EAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I confirmed with my attorney yesterday. According to him, one can work for more than one employer using EAD as long as your employers are OK with it.