Can I continue my I-140 with my previous employer

rthaniks

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My visa status is H-1, I was working for Company A till Jun 2002. The company A has applied for my labor with California Service Centre in Mar 2001 under EB-2 category, and the the same was cleared in April 2001. Then they filed for I-140 during last week of Jul 2002 and they got a got query from INS to provide additional info to INS. Also INS has given some 3 months to reply, but company A didn't reply. I was continuously on project right from Mar 2001 till I left the company A. The company A is still existing. Also INS has extended the deadline till Aug 2002 to reply for their queries like financial statement of company A, and I have a visa validity till Apr 2004 with company A. Because of these reasons and also to take care of my survival I joined with Company B during last week of Jun 2002 and my H1 transfer is under procees for Company B with vermont service centre. Hope I have clearly explained my situation.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible to continue the I-140 with company A if the company agrees to continue for my I-140 and the remaining processes, when I am working with company B. I will no more with payroll of company A.

2. Will it affect my present employment with company B, if your anser is possible

3. Will it affect my Green card process with Company B if they company B start processing in another couple of months.

All my understanding is Green card process is only for future permanent employment purpose only, and H1 is for temporary employment purpose only.

Please advice. Thanks.

RT

Last edited by a moderator: