Can I change my priority date??

Chitrakut

Registered Users (C)
I have an I-140 approval letter from the INS by a past employer. My present employer has started my GC process with a Prority date of june 2003. The earlier I-140 Approval notice has a Priority date of June 2001. I did not inform the USCIS of the earlier priority date when I filed my 485 application and the date they regard as the priority date is june 2003. What should I do to change the priority date on the 485 so that they use the june 2001 date as the real priority date?

Same situation

Hi,

I am in the same situation here. My attorney says that it is possible to change if I have the I140 approval notice.

Any ideas from forum members?

Changing priority date:

I am planning to write a letter to the USCIS and send them a copy of my previous 140 approval notice, a copy of my current I-140 approval notice and also a copy of my 485 receipt notice. I want to know if this would be enough for them to change the priority date so that I can benefit from my past GC process.

Chitrakut,

Yes.. You can do that ... But I prefer a lawyer doing the same... The lawyer can point out the article/clause from the immigration law that points to this ...

I think you should put this in 485 forums if not already done....

All the best to you and hope you get your card soon

Chitrakut said:
I am planning to write a letter to the USCIS and send them a copy of my previous 140 approval notice, a copy of my current I-140 approval notice and also a copy of my 485 receipt notice. I want to know if this would be enough for them to change the priority date so that I can benefit from my past GC process.