Can I change my lawyer at the time of I-485 Interview?

Viswamohan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a Dec-2002 filer and still pending at VSC. I also used AC21 two times. I informed the first time and did not inform the second time as it is so close to approval. It looks like lot of people who used AC21 are asked to attend Interview at the local office. So, I am thinking of hiring a local lawyer to go along with me. My current lawyer who filed the case is in MA and may charge huge money to come. Also, they are not very helpfull to me. So, I am thinking of changing the lawyer.

My questions are following:
1. Can I hire any lawyer and take him for the Interview (different from the lawyer who filed the case) with out sending the G-28 form to USCIS?

2. Can the new lawyer submit the G-28 form directly to the Officer at the time of Interview instead of sending the to the USCIS?

The reason I am asking the above questions is that, If I hire the new lawyer now and send the G-28 form, USCIS take atleast a month to update my file with the new lawyer. In the meantime if they take some action on my case, I think they will send that to my old lawyer. I am thinking this might create confusion. So, I am thinking of hiring the lawyer only at the time of Interview.

I will appreciate Any of your views, comments and Advises. Also, can anybody who had similar experience, can you write what you did in this situation.

Thanks in Advance.