Can I change job when packet 3 is ready ?

gowharton

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am about to receive packet from NVC and I am facing a layoff this month end.

Is it possible for me to transfer my GC processing status to another company?

Or Do I need to start the whole GC process from beginning at the new company i.e from labour stage.

Please advice me.

Thanks,
GW

Originally posted by gowharton
Hi,

I am about to receive packet from NVC and I am facing a layoff this month end.

Is it possible for me to transfer my GC processing status to another company?

Or Do I need to start the whole GC process from beginning at the new company i.e from labour stage.

Please advice me.

Thanks,
GW

CP has no portability.. If you insist on doing CP, you will have to restart from the beginning.. from the labor stage..

On the otherhand, AC21 gives AOS people some portability. With no proper regulations out, a good lawyer could help you sucessfully complete your GC process thru a 485.

Hi,
I face the similar situation. My packet 4 had already be send and received by the Consulate. Initially, they scheduled an interview for me on Nov 24. I didn't go for the interview because I was still waiting for police clearance and my lawyer informed the Consulate and the Consulate agree to reschedule interview once I got the police clearance.
My police clearance arrived today. But I got layoff yesterday and my employement will get terminate at the end of this year. I will try to push the consulate to arrange an interview for me before the end of this year but I doubt it. Most likely I think I will get an interview on January or may be February if I'm out of luck. Says, if I my interview day if after Dec 31, should I still go for interview ? I don't really know what should I do now, please advise.

Thanks

I am not sure wat all is required at the interview time apart from latest pay stubs and the employment letter that would make insufficient documentation for you.

Lets look at your situation this way,

Thinking u are getting the severance pay checks, with Jan dates on ur pay checks, if ur interview is in Feb , ur severance pay checks would still be the latest pay stubs.

Regarding the employment letter mabbe u can explain your HR about your situation and get something done.

The best thing would be to call couple of lawyers and find out. Your case seems so close. Its quite possible that u would be successful, I feel.

Dont feel tensed, look at all possible loop holes.

Cheers,
Gowharton.

Originally posted by apa118
Hi,
I face the similar situation. My packet 4 had already be send and received by the Consulate. Initially, they scheduled an interview for me on Nov 24. I didn't go for the interview because I was still waiting for police clearance and my lawyer informed the Consulate and the Consulate agree to reschedule interview once I got the police clearance.
My police clearance arrived today. But I got layoff yesterday and my employement will get terminate at the end of this year. I will try to push the consulate to arrange an interview for me before the end of this year but I doubt it. Most likely I think I will get an interview on January or may be February if I'm out of luck. Says, if I my interview day if after Dec 31, should I still go for interview ? I don't really know what should I do now, please advise.

Thanks