Can I Change emplyer and self petition

noro

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got my labor approved recently and i am going to apply for I140 with consular processing.

1- Can I change employer when I apply for I140 but keeping the same job with its details.

2- The new employer does not sponsor green card (do paperwork), then can I do it on my own (self-petition)

3- Is the processing time for I140 (CP) is the same as you do concurrently with I485. I have seen 4 and 10 months and I am confused.

4-How to push I140 through faster.

5- Does marrying while on the process of I140 affects its duration and the whole green card process.

Your serious answers are appreciated.

Thanks

noro said:
Hi,

I got my labor approved recently and i am going to apply for I140 with consular processing.

1- Can I change employer when I apply for I140 but keeping the same job with its details.

No.

noro said:
2- The new employer does not sponsor green card (do paperwork), then can I do it on my own (self-petition)

The I-140 is the employer's filing. You can pay foor it but the employer must sign the paperwork and provide necessary material and information.

noro said:
3- Is the processing time for I140 (CP) is the same as you do concurrently with I485. I have seen 4 and 10 months and I am confused.

This is new so anything I say my be proven incorrect. USCIS has indicated that it will no longer adjudicate the I-140 until it adjudicates the i-485.

noro said:
4-How to push I140 through faster.

The only way to "push the I-140 through faster" is not to delay it. Respond to RFE's quickly.

noro said:
5- Does marrying while on the process of I140 affects its duration and the whole green card process.

Your serious answers are appreciated.

Thanks

Marrying who? Are you now trying to add the spouse to the GC application?