Can F1 Visa Student on OPT Extension become Sole proprietor?

chits12345

Hi

I want to start an online business on Ebay as a Sole proprietor in Las Vegas Nevada. I have talked to a distributor in Las Vegas and they say I just need to give my SSN for working with them as a sole proprietor. I searched on internet and found that I will need a business license in las vegas to work as a sole proprietor.

Currently I am on OPT Extension (with F1-visa ) and working full time for a company in a Las Vegas US company as senior SQL database developer and administrator. As I completed MS in Computer Science so my job is directly related to my field and my company is E-verified too so I satisfy all OPT rules.

NOw I have following QUestions

Q-1:

Can students on OPT extension (with F1 visa) get a business license and start online business?

If I could get a business license and start online, will i somehow disobey any OPT rule?

Q-2:

There is a rule that I can work only for E-verified companies and my job must be directly related to my stream which is computer science. Will this online ebay business disobey this rule?

I think OPT students are allowed to be self employed . The only difference is that I already have a full time job which satisfies all OPT rules and I am trying to involve in self employment while I am already working for an e-verified company.

Q-3:

OPT students are allowed to work for multiple E-verified companies. So if I work in my current company and start my online business and register my business as an E-verified business, will it satisfy all OPT rules?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hi Dear !!

I am also having the same Question.
I am also searching the way to start my own business.
My Self Ravi Soni.
My Cell Number is 215-500-5810.

Please reply me or give me a call if you have found the answer.
Thanks.

Waiting for your reply.

register the company outside USA and you are golden ..off shore company for example .. nobody can trace that ..you stay and work with your company for purpose of extending your visa and nothing more but make real income by trading from off shore entity..avoid paying taxes ..thats the goal

sure you can set up a web site offering certain service ..add bank numberfrom off shore and thats it ..nothing else ..type off shore into google and you have tons of adds..covering everything .,even you have a ready of the shelf companies already incorporated with some fancy names to chose from..i understand you guys will be offering service or consulting type business solutions ..for that you don't even need to se your clients in person ..right?

Last edited by a moderator:
This forum is sponsored by a law firm. Do not advocate illegal activities - especially here.[/Q

funny guy;) ...seriously what ilegal activity that would be??? this very firm who sponsor this forum does that kind of deals every day .setting off shore accounts and such ..if you go to any other self recpecting law firm or accountant or business adviser that the first thing he is gonna propose ..you really have to understand that in this country only about 50%
of its citizens pay taxes..and in this country rich don't pay at all ..thats the secret of succes in this country ...rich keep evrything they earn ..period

company that i work for does that anyway ..day after day for about 20+ years ..our clients are businessman of all kinds ..before was just very rich but these days everyone and I mean evryone wants to set up off shore shell company

all the big firms and names like say WALL MART belong to some off shore entity ..yes its true ..WALL MART its the name of the brand but the actual owne rof WALL MART is some off shore company with funny name .. so all the excesive profit goes out of the country ..so the tax they pay is minimal ...in percentage some guy working minimum vage job pays more in taxes then owner of WALL MART...wise up funny guy ..you not gonna fare good in the USA if you think with your a.s

...ps you meNtioned that substantial amount of investment is required in order to obtain GC status righ??.....now US STATE DEPARTMENT has 10 000 VISA AVAIBLE FOR THAT KIND OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO COME OVER AND INVEST BUT NOT EVEN 10% OF THOSE VISAS ARE USED ..I WONDER WHY ...maybe because its totaly obselete program which does not brings anything to people with actual money to ''invest'' precisely because of the taxes they would end up paying without any benefits except for a ''privilege'' to live here ..well rich people view that bit different ...they think THAT MERE FACT THEY HAVE MONEY IS PRIVILEGE ENOUGH ....LOTS OF US BORN CITIZENS EVEN GO DISTANCE TO REANOUNCE THEIR CITIZENSHIP FOR THIS VERY REASON ..SO THEY WOULD NOT PAY TAXES....SO THEY GLADLY SING UP TO DECLARE THEMSELVES NON AMERICANS ....MONEY RULES THE WORLD MY DEAR FRIEND ..

Last edited by a moderator: