Can congressman's letter help in EB1 and NIW?

aak3058

Registered Users (C)
Dear colleagues,
I wonder whether it is worth asking a congressman I know to write a letter in support of my petitions (EB1-EA and NIW). Do you think it makes sense?
If yes, what should I ask him to write? He is not at all an expert in my field (biochemistry) but is just a high-rank politician, so I wonder in what terms he can support my petition.

Thank you all for the replies.

aak3058 said:
Dear colleagues,
I wonder whether it is worth asking a congressman I know to write a letter in support of my petitions (EB1-EA and NIW). Do you think it makes sense?
If yes, what should I ask him to write? He is not at all an expert in my field (biochemistry) but is just a high-rank politician, so I wonder in what terms he can support my petition.

Thank you all for the replies.
yes and No
It can go against your application (as i read in AAO decision) that person is not expert in your area and can't detail about your abilities.

On the other hand i know a guy who used such letter where they said "that your work is good and we want to have people like you in US but we can't give letter for XYZ reason...........he used that letter saying that even non expert feel that my work is important/good for US.

now it will depend on your collection (of other letters) and qualification whether you want to use that or not!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Niw Eb3

Hello, I only have an BS degree in Metallurgical Engineering and Material Science and currently going through the lengthy LC process with no end in sight.

I work for an aerospace company who is a Department of Defense contractor, and I do have an important role in the company. I already have a letter from DoD stating that my employer is a crucial DoD contractor (I used that letter and obtained 4 additional years to my already used up 6 year H-1B) And now I am thinking about having my company issue a letter stating my importance to the company, without me, there could be potential delays in deliveries of military hardware and possible impact on crew safety, thus impacting US's current war effort.

Do you think I have a viable NIW case?

Yes!
If explain convincingly about
1. Nations interest
2. Intrinsic merit
3.Your expertise to achieve above
4. why you need labor skip.
5. how country will get harmed if they loose you.