Can anyone provide info on a I-485 case being transferred from Service center to Local INS

2001Dream

Registered Users (C)
Hai,

Can anyone who had been through this process before can enlighten the reasons behind this phenomenon.

Would be interested in knowing their experiences.

THX

Join the boat

My case was transferred to local office.
My attorney told that it is a random selection 7% of the files get tranferred for further interviews, Assured me that it is a formality.
I have a NIW on EB2 category, I 485 is transferred to local office I am called for an Interview in a few weeks. I don\'t know how it will be
I am anxious about it though!
Thanks

Can you post your experience after your interview

I still haven\'t heard anything from the Local INS office about inerview. I will post if there is any further information.

Thanks

Successful Interview

Hi Guys!!
I had my Interview on 2/06/02 case was approved at the same time
I received a NIW applied on 2/98 and approval on 7/98 I had to wait to file I485 until 9/00 as J1 waiver requirement.
I had FP on 3/01 case transferred to Local office on 12/01
Interview scheduled on 2/06/02
I went there by myself after collecting all the info listed in web site by ciba at geocities.CSC.com (that is a very use ful site to know more about Interviews)
I did not ask my Lawyer who is from Chicago to accompany me.

We reached the local office on time. dropped the letters in drop box Waited for half an hour before The officer asked me to go in.

Her first question was why my Lawyer is not with me and reasons
I responded that, I was not aware that I am required to take him with me. She abruptly asked me to give my I-94 from my last entry into USA I gave it with all the other pertinent documents.
She seemed surprised took those and dissappeared for 5 minutes
Came back and told me the reason INS flagged the file was, they did not have the info about my Legal status at the time of my last entry to US. Then on wards she talked with me very cordially asked several questions about my job, also showed interest in learning about me and reasons for my intent to immigrate. Asked for Birth certificate last tax return copy for the file the then asked my husband and two young children to join in for fingerprinting.
After that she told it is approved we have to wait for half hour which turned out to be two hours to get our passports stamped.

That is my experience guys!! hope this will help in your journey to get GC
Post if you have any questions

Surekha

Is a lawyer a good idea or it\'s just a formality?

Some say the interview is a formality as you can see from above.

Do you think a lawyer is a an extremely important thing for the interview?

Thanks

No Title

Hi
I think they usually have some question that needed clarification so to speed up the process, Service centers transfer to Local office to process.
What I know is for employment based petitions it is not common to get an interview.
Getting prepared is the best thing you can do
check this website by ciba at geocities csc to get the list of things to take for an interview
Surekha

service center & Local office

what is your service center and local service , how many months took
to get an interview after transfer to Local office .

Please replay .

i am also on the same boat . my case is transfred to local office . waiting for interview