can any explain what this letter from NVC means

rajum

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Recently, my I-140 petition has been approved and my attorney received a letter asking my intention to continue with CP.

The letter ask to check one of the boxes whether I will apply for AOS in the INS office...
or)
Apply for CP at Chennai...

and more over it states,
"Your case will be assigned abroad for Consular processing 30 days after mailing of this notice unless you notify the NVC of your intention to adjust status. Please use the attached form and send it to the following address: "

What does this mean ? If I say I want to go for CP then will they generate packet 3 and send it to me and then I need to send packet 3 to St.louis.....I am totally confused...

If anyone throws light, I am very grateful...

thanks,
rajum

Originally posted by rajum
Hi All,
Recently, my I-140 petition has been approved and my attorney received a letter asking my intention to continue with CP.

The letter ask to check one of the boxes whether I will apply for AOS in the INS office...
or)
Apply for CP at Chennai...

and more over it states,
"Your case will be assigned abroad for Consular processing 30 days after mailing of this notice unless you notify the NVC of your intention to adjust status. Please use the attached form and send it to the following address: "

What does this mean ? If I say I want to go for CP then will they generate packet 3 and send it to me and then I need to send packet 3 to St.louis.....I am totally confused...

If anyone throws light, I am very grateful...

thanks,
rajum

You just need to send the letter back saying you want CP (if you still want CP). Once you do, NVC will generate P3 and send it to you. Normal CP process will start then...

Re: Re: can any explain what this letter from NVC means

Originally posted by kashur

You just need to send the letter back saying you want CP (if you still want CP). Once you do, NVC will generate P3 and send it to you. Normal CP process will start then...

Actually NVC started sending reconfirmation letters (the one you got) in April/May because many people had opted for CP but switched over to AOS without informing NVC. This resulted in too much wasted effort by NVC (create case, generate and send P3 only to abandon it because the applicant had happily applied for AOS). Therefore they are sending these letters, which delays real CP cases by weeks.

Thanks for all,
In fact, I am not following for quite sometime....and I am not aware of this new development..Two questions, with this format,

i) has their been any significant improvement in packet 3 generation and processing by NVC...what is the expected processing time from my sending this letter and if I don't waste any time to the date I get interview.....

ii) Suppose if I say Yes but I will not send packet3 then will my file stop at NVC...or will my file be forwarded to Chennai...

I appreciate your reply....

thanks,
raju

Last edited by a moderator:
Raju, here is the seq

Once you sent reconfirmation letter to NVC, then
1> They will create P3 and send it to you/your attorny
2> With completed forms for all applicants and fees you/attorney sends it to STL
3> From STL it goes to NVC for review (step 2 to 3 takes about 4-6 wks)
4> Once review done, they send your case to consulate(next Wednesday) otherwise if they found any incomplete information, ask to send complete info/docs
5> When consulate receives file (first electronically and then physical), you can send email requesting interview date (2 more months)

For more information, check www.cptracter.com

Hope this will help:cool:

Originally posted by rajum

ii) Suppose if I say Yes but I will not send packet3 then will my file stop at NVC...or will my file be forwarded to Chennai...

I appreciate your reply....

thanks,
raju

If you dont send P3, your case will NOT be forwarded to the consulate. You have to follow the steps mentioned by SVJ to get interview at Chennai.

Thanks to all of you,
I am really evaluating the CP option. Mine is strange case.
My file suppose to reach NVC in Sept 2001. The file has been lost and NVC has given me a letter stating that they never received my file and then I applied for duplicate I-140 in Nov.2001. After months of desparately waiting for duplicate I-140 , I applied for AOS in March 2002 in Vermont. Already into the 4 months of processing of AOS is over and now my duplicate I-140 has been approved and despite my attorneys letters to INS, INS sent the file to NVC.

At this point, I am not sure of what to do...

thanks,
raju