Can anbd tell please?

Robinho

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys. I got my Asylum status in March, 2003 and 3 years later(please don't ask)applied for adjustment of status on April 2, 2006(received by INS on 3rd april). I haven't received anything from them yet. As of today, they haven't cashed my check($395) nor they have returned my application back. I'm wondering what has happened to my application. I'm from Kentucky and sent my application to NSC. Can anbd tell why? Will you please post how long it took for you guys to receive first receipt of application? Thanks a lot.

Robinho said:
Hi guys. I got my Asylum status in March, 2003 and 3 years later(please don't ask)applied for adjustment of status on April 2, 2006(received by INS on 3rd april). I haven't received anything from them yet. As of today, they haven't cashed my check($395) nor they have returned my application back. I'm wondering what has happened to my application. I'm from Kentucky and sent my application to NSC. Can anbd tell why? Will you please post how long it took for you guys to receive first receipt of application? Thanks a lot.

It usually takes a month to receive their receipt letter so you would be getting that pretty soon.
Atique.

Robinho said:
Hi guys. I got my Asylum status in March, 2003 and 3 years later(please don't ask)applied for adjustment of status on April 2, 2006(received by INS on 3rd april). I haven't received anything from them yet. As of today, they haven't cashed my check($395) nor they have returned my application back. Thanks a lot.

Robin,

What you described above does not sound good, it seems that you application has been lost. Make an infopass appointment and have them check if there is any record of your application in their system.

Did you make copy of your application? If so, it would be very handy later on. Right now your best bet is infopass, let me know how it goes.

huch :)

Just disregard my comments above, it has been only twelve working days Robin. Give it a week or two, will you ! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they are going to return it to you

If your application was incomplete, INS will return your application including the check and will ask you to send the application complete. It will take around 3 months to receive the application returned.
Good luck.

Robinho said:

I've got my receipt in about 3 weeks after I sent my application. According to USCIS policy it takes up to a month for them to process your application receipt and notify you. If you don't hear from them within 2-3 weeks call the customer service.

Did you submitted your application via "certified mail" this way you get a claim card back? My lawyer submitted mine this way for tracking purposes. I know it is after the fact, however, i am thinking in the future should some else should read this, they may get a tip to request a receipt from the post office.

Thanks a lot guys. I feel somewhat relaxed. I'l wait a week or two. Hopefully, inshaallah I'l get the receipt from TSC.

Something might be wrong

I mailed my AOS on April 13th 2006 via express mail and they got on April 14th 2006.. and they cashed my check of $395 on april 18th 2006.. Check your bank account again and see if they did it already..