can an employee cancel I-140/485?

gcfl2005

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

I live and work in California.

I had approached a pre-approved labor selling company based in New Jersey. Paid $6000 as part payment for GC. Also gave my checks payable to DOHS for 140, 485, EAD, Travel. After the said company delayed the process, and after a big fight I asked them to STOP sending the application to INS, they were not using the services of any attorney (which was also an issue between us), and return my $6000 amount. I also informed them I put stop payment on all my checks to INS (DOHS). After a couple of days they wrote me that they have send the Applications to INS, and told me to cancel once I get the receipts. I called INS, and was told that only the company can cancel. I wrote the same to the company, they did not respond. Now I got the receipts for all applications except I-140. Also, my receipts came from California Service Center, where as the applications which I filled and signed said I was going to work for this company in MAINE.

My questions:

1. If a pre-approved labor is for MAINE, can the company apply my GC in California center, because I live in California?

2. My INS receipts indicate the Fee is paid. What happens, and who is responsible, if checks bounce? I am very sure the said company did not mail before my notice to them to stop the process.

3. Can I really ask INS to stop the process.

I do not want to mention the name of the company. I am sure you all understand who it is. This is my story, a true story. I will take necessary legal action when I am ready.

Thanks in advance for your help/ suggestions.

GC Fellow.