Can an employee cancel I-140/485 process?

gcfl2005

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

I live and work in California.

I had approached a pre-approved labor selling company based in New Jersey. Paid $6000 as part payment for GC. Also gave my checks payable to DOHS for 140, 485, EAD, Travel. After the said company delayed the process, and after a big fight I asked them to STOP sending the application to INS, they were not using the services of any attorney (which was also an issue between us), and return my $6000 amount. I also informed them I put stop payment on all my checks to INS (DOHS). After a couple of days they wrote me that they have send the Applications to INS, and told me to cancel once I get the receipts. I called INS, and was told that only the company can cancel. I wrote the same to the company, they did not respond. Now I got the receipts for all applications except I-140. Also, my receipts came from California Service Center, where as the applications which I filled and signed said I was going to work for this company in MAINE.

My questions:

1. If a pre-approved labor is for MAINE, can the company apply my GC in California center, because I live in California?

2. My INS receipts indicate the Fee is paid. What happens, and who is responsible, if checks bounce? I am very sure the said company did not mail before my notice to them to stop the process.

3. Can I really ask INS to stop the process.

I do not want to mention the name of the company. I am sure you all understand who it is. This is my story, a true story. I will take necessary legal action when I am ready.

Thanks in advance for your help/ suggestions.

GC Fellow.

1. If a pre-approved labor is for MAINE, can the company apply my GC in California center, because I live in California?

-- They can apply only from Vermont as labor is from the same center.

2. My INS receipts indicate the Fee is paid. What happens, and who is responsible, if checks bounce? I am very sure the said company did not mail before my notice to them to stop the process.

-- Not sure. but I guess they might send back all the applications.
Never heard of such case.

3. Can I really ask INS to stop the process.

-- I don't think so. Only company can do that.

By the way are you dealing with Nick and Cybersoft..?
I met that guy and he is real fraud.

You can stop the I-485, EAD and AP since you are the petitioner for those applications. Only your employer or its legal representative can stop the I-140.