Can an application be moved from EB3 to EB2

msomani

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Can you move your application from EB3 to EB2, if yes how...if no (why not)

Thanks
Msomani

msomani said:
Guys,
Can you move your application from EB3 to EB2, if yes how...if no (why not)
Thanks
Msomani
hey somani, you left me and joined this cool job and my coffee and sutta time is in complete jeopardy..well i can not answer this as i am also EB3 :D Few days back we were watching I485 date Feb 2002 , now we are going to watch PD 01/01/2002. Enjoy the baywatch. ;)

Well I was about to write in my post that MD_ROCKILLVE(ASHISH) need not answer this question as I know that he doesnot have an answer to this....

Trying to find out all the ways to get out of this mess..

I dont think so

I dont think it is possible. Some on in a diff thread said that the only way to do this is to withdraw the LC/140 and re-file in EB2

cheers,
speedy1027

dsatish, unitednations, ginnu..any advice for juniors ? ( like sachin goes to gavaskar to figure out if his stance is correct ) ..can WE move to EB2 ? ( guess we have 4 year degree + 5+ years of IT now )

We applied I-140 in EB-3 category and I-485 approval I received from USCIS says EB-2 (E26).

To the best of my knowledge, it is NOT possible to convert an exsting application from EB3 to EB2. If some one is desperate to change to EB2 from a pending EB3 case, he has to start the process all over again, starting with a new LC.

Unitednations,

Thank you for all info. Do you mean even with "Masters + 2 years and BS + 5 years" could be filed in EB3 ?

Please let me know, I have some urgent situation where my EB2 in appeal status and not sure about the outcome. At the same time, I would like to apply in EB3 through pre-approved LC or using the same LC what my attorney filed in EB2 category which is in appeal. CIS is not accepting any of my pre-Bachelor degree experience, and so can I file my application with EB3 category eventhough my LC with "MS + 2 years" and "BS with 5 years".

I appreciate your valuable information.

Unitednations,

Thank you again. Actually we didn't converse this case in detail earlier, I thought of waiting for my EB2 appeal status. Unfortunately EB3 cut-off number anounced, so I am kind of revisiting my EB2 case and started thinking for an alternative method.

My AAU case is still with receipt information (Nov X, 2004) and do not see any update on both I290B and I140 cases.

Although my Attorney did a mistake on my paper work, still I would like her to re-file with EB3 category but she is not showing any interest to refile with EB3 category and repeats the same old message saying we need to do it from the begining. I have looked at some of your posting where you mentioned about "AILA discusssion" about changing the category by using the photo copy of LC. But I don't understand why my Attorney is not coming forward to it...I feel like, they don't want to tell CIS that they made a mistake earlier by filing a new I140 with EB3.

Please show me some lights on , what is a nice way of asking my Attorney whether she is willing to refile my papers with EB3 category or I will go with a different Attorney.

Unitednations,

Thank you. All your information gives more hope to my case. I will try talk to her one last chance, if not I will go with other Attorney.

Thanks again.